French Language and Cultural Courses
Art & Literature
Day 1 : Wednesday 28 December
- Arrival in Paris and settling in.
Day 2 : Thursday 29 December
- Welcome and presentation of the programme
- The History of Paris from the Romans to the XVIIth century
- Welcome lunch
- Guided visit of Montmartre
Day 3 : Friday 30 December
- Presentation of the French Impressionist School of painting
- Presentation of the films to be seen
- Oral presentation of newspaper article by students
- Visit of Musée d’Orsay
- Evening : cinema
Day 4 : Saturday 31 December
- The history of Paris and Versailles from the 17th c. to nowadays.
- Preparation of the play to be seen
- Oral presentation of newspaper articles
- Guided visit of the Musée du Louvre
- Evening : theatre performance
Day 5 : Sunday 1 January
- Visit of one of the principal Paris street markets
- Travel to Vichy
- Welcome in Vichy by Cavilam members and by your home-stay hosts
Day 5 to Day 24
- Intensive courses of french organized by the Cavilam-Alliance Française involving general group sessions in the morning, and workshops each afternoon.
- Social activities organized every evening.
- Excursions on Wednesday afternoons and Saturdays (NB you will be given tickets for the excursions and be free to choose when there is a list) .
- Sporting activities are also arranged as announced by the Cavilam.
- Rest of time with host families.
Day 24 : Friday 20 January
- Return to Paris by train after class
- Transfer to Hostel by Taxi
Day 25 : Saturday 21 January
- Oral presentation of your experience at the Cavilam-Alliance-Française
- Presentation of the French political system & parisian architecture
- Presentation of new films in french to be seen
- Guided visit of the Château de Versailles and its gardens
- Evening : Cinéma
Day 26 : Sunday 22 January
- Guided visit of La Sainte Chapelle & La Conciergerie
- Own choice of afternoon visits (museum, exhibition, gardens,..)
- Cruise on the Seine
Day 27 : Monday 23 January
- Exceptional visit of the Palais du Luxembourg or Bourbon Palace on the invitation of a senator or member of parliament.
- Presentation of the Café théâtre to be seen
- Café théâtre
Day 28 : Tuesday 24 January
- Morning assessment session : individual presentation
- Farewell lunch in a remarkable restaurant
- Free from 15h30.
Free to leave late-afternoon, but accommodation reserved and paid for until Wednesday morning.
Day 29 : Wednesday 25 January
Both parts of this programme include intensive use of French together with closely linked cultural activities.
Each morning there will be a preparation in French of the day's activities, together with what has been done and seen the day before.
Every day a different theme is offered : for example, Paris in the Middle Ages, French Impressionism, the French press, the French political system…Each day a student will be asked to present an article of his/her choice in one of the main newspapers to be followed by discussion.
In the Language Institute specializing in teaching French for foreigners, you will have :
- Intensive courses of French (about 220 hours in all)
- A thematic workshop in the afternoon
- Cultural activities in the evening
- Excursions during the weekend
- Family accommodation allowing you to practise your French
On the first day you are given a test which allows you to be placed in a group corresponding to your level of French. Then you will have 18 days of intensive language course work (26 courses and workshops per week).
- 9 nights B&B in an excellent student hostel in the historical heart of Paris
- 2 group meals in Paris
- Half-board family stay organized by the Institute teaching French
- 3 weeks intensive courses of french (220 hours of speaking and listening to French)
- All transport in France
- All guided visits
- Reservation of the places to be visited
- Full documentation on your stay
- Meals in Paris (except two group meals)
- One meal a day when you are doing your intensive langage course
- Personal expenses
- Travel to and from France
29 days / 28 nights
3 950 €
Minimum of participants : 10